Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 10 November 2012

Showing Off


I bumped into another photography friend of mine this morning in Beeston Square. He was in the process of photographing a small display of birds of pray that are being cared for at a sanctuary up at Worksop. There were showing off the birds to help raise money for the sanctuary.

He shoots with a Nikon too, although I was taking my Olympus OMD for a trip today, as I was shopping and didn't want to lug my heavy D3s around with me.

This sparrowhawk seemed to be very keen on having his portrait taken, as he stood with his wings open for quite some time. So I fired a few shots off, and this is the one that I like the most.

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating birds, aren't they? There's something magnificent about birds of prey. Good capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful plumage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine set of feathers there.
    .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.