Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Westwood Ho


I had a very exciting assignment tonight, in that I got to do a proper promotional shoot for the relaunch of the Vivienne Westwood shop in the Flying Horse Arcade.

A friend of mine put me onto it. Alas no payment, but something different and important to put on my photographic CV, which might come in handy in the future.

Although the shop has been open for a couple of years now, it has been run as a franchise. But now Vivienne has decided to buy the shops and run them under her own name. She has been at the forefront of alternative fashion since the 1970s and her association with The Sex Pistols and the infamous T shirt featuring a photo of the Queen with a safety pin through her nose.

I was there over four hours, shooting the shop, the products, the atmosphere and more importantly, the customers. They wanted twenty almost straight away, so I had to stay up till nearly 1am Wednesday morning, viewing, sorting, processing and sending them off. They also wanted the rest of them a couple of days later, so it was midnight oil burning time again.

Alas I've not had much feedback from them yet, but hopefully I took the sort of photos that they were after. I also can't show you any, as I had to sign a form giving them the rights to the pictures and where they are shown. So you have to make do with a general, rather non descript shot of the shop front.

I have asked for copies of any publicity material that is produced using my images for my portfolio, so I will be able to take a photo of that sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.