Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 14 December 2010

I Thought It Was Called A Crow's Nest!


I'm posting this week's submission for the Headbanger Challenge a day early, because I am planning on going out tomorrow night on a Flickr photography expedition along the River Trent. And so I might not be home till late.

Lanny has picked a very hard (well in my opinion) subject this week with 'anticipation'. I've been struggling to try and find something original to explain the emotion. Certainly many people are anticipating Christmas next week, through either being excited or depressed. Depending on their personal point of view. I suppose I could have shown you a photo of a child sitting on Santa's knee. But a bit twee. So instead, here's a shot of the definition of the word from the Concise Oxford Dictionary.

My main picture is of a seagull, resting upon a car park light. I'm surprised how much inland these birds fly in search of food, considering Nottingham is about 70 miles away from the nearest piece of coastline. I don't know how well they do in finding scraps of food scattered around, and fighting off pigeons for them.

4 comments:

  1. Anticipating "a mess",lol from the bird on the lamp.
    Nicely done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agee with Imac, there is a lot of anticipatin' when a bird is perched above, or flying over head. I had just one of those incidents myself yesterday weeding in the backyard when the geese took off out of the pond, they always seem to dump right after taking flight, and there I was! Anticipatin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GM: Tough subject with so many was to go. Your Seagull shot is neat, they live on part of the land or water that has food to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know what to anticipate but certainly didn't expect the dictionary. Great take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.