Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Snowblind


I have chosen this week's Headbanger Challenge theme of 'Wheels'. I thought I would go for something relatively easy, after the last few brainachers!

There are quite a number of different kinds of wheels available to my blogging buddies to take pictures of. I have gone for a couple of shots of the big wheel that appears in the Old Market Square a few weeks after Christmas and stays till about Easter. It was called the Nottingham Eye for a short while until the owners of the London Eye got wind of it and told them to call it something else!

Fortunately Gail and I are off this week, so we don't have to make the daily struggle into work. So as it had been snowing all night, I went for a walk 'around the block' this morning to see what was worth taking photos of. I took quite a few of the nearby golf course. No one was playing! A poor horse that only appeared to leaves to eat and the local cemetery. This shot is of a private road next to the golf course where houses average around the million pound mark. It's quite countrified in places with plenty of trees about.

Don't forget to visit the other 'bangers' sites (links above) to see how they have interpreted the theme of wheels, and enjoy the late, great John Lennon singing about watching wheels.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:12 pm

    It was lovely to watch this clip. Such a shame Johns not with us anymore. Love his music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot of the trees. You timed your week off perfectly (how glad I am this week that I don't have to commute!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're both keeping out of all the tussles of struggling to work this week ;-) Stew has managed to get to work and back safely. I've done his Header challenge this week while his puter's sick (not sure if the photos will stay put but they seem to be there for now). Well done on your own header, great shots and I love the snowy pic. Mrs imac xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. GM: Thought someone from England would choose the big N EYE. What a neat wheel. Enjoyed Lennon's wheel interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wheel looks like fun! I like the snow picture, it makes me miss our snow, the mud has returned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ferris Wheels are cool, I prefer NOT to ride them though. I love, love that snowblind photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Day and night wheels brilliant. As for your snowblind shot I love it you have really captured the start of winter ewe are getting over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How absolutely beautiful. Here we had cold, rain and sleet and snow at La Turbie, above Monaco. Super shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Gailsman,
    thank you so much for posting the daily photo of Nottingham on this site. I have been staying in Beeston from 2006 til early 2010 before moving back to Asia and miss that lovely little town very much.
    Stumbled upon your blog after a quick search on the google for Nottingham daily photo. Splendid job!
    looking forward for more photos in your blog in the future. Cheers! :)

    www.georgelimphoto.co.nr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.