Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Light Fever


Dave's picked this week's Headbanger theme, and he's gone and chosen 'the light'. Certainly a topic with a wide range of interpretations, as you can see if you visit the other members of the gang.

As it's rapidly heading towards Christmas, with only two days to go, I thought about trying to capture some of the many light decorations around town. But I thought it was a bit 'old hat'. Then my creative spark kicked in, and I whizzed my camera about while I took photos of some Christmas tree lights in Beeston. Some of the shots were a bit poor, but I quite like these two, free art, set free, with a free mind.

As it's the last Headbanger Challenge before the big day, I would just like to wish you a Happy Christmas, and hope everyone has a great time. I'm going to play you out with probably the best Christmas song ever written so far. Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. GM: Quite the inventive photographic capture, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the free play with your camera GM.
    Also the song too, have you ever been to Galway Bay? its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lights are pretty! One of the blessings of not being able to see very well is that the Christmas lights look really cool when I don't have my lenses in! It must be a shame to be well sighted! Have a merry Christmas and I hope someone brings you a yule log! but do try to listen to some better music - you'll feel better I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and interesting photo. Great song, truly the No 1 Christmas song and a fitting epitaph to the late Kirsty MacColl. I have and still play her last album Tropical Brainstorm released a few months before her untimely death.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.