Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 8 June 2012

Happy Camping



Well what a day. Besides the rain, the winds have now got up. So much so, that the rain was almost horizontal at lunchtime, when I braved the weather for a walk around the city centre.

The heavy metal gathering called the Download Festival is taking place a few miles away in Castle Donington and the field has already become a mudbath. I dread to think of what it is going to be like with 90,000 people tramping around the place over the three day event. The highlight band will be Black Sabbath.

Of course most people with be camping, but I don't know how many will be coming with caravans or Dormobiles like this one that I took last Saturday at the Hemlock Happening. I remember my dad buying one when I was young. I don't remember ever going away in it, but can recall it being loaded with furniture that my dad had bought from a local auction.

1 comment:

  1. Bet you're green with envy.
    Here's me posting the folk groups and you not visiting lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.