Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 17 June 2012

Titchy Wheels


Well sadly it's over. But I'm relieved too. The play about Raleigh that I have been involved in for the past couple of months saw it's final performance yesterday at the Jubilee Campus of the university.

It co-incided with a day of celebrating cycling and Raleigh's 125th anniversary.

We put on two performances in the afternoon, with an hour break in between. This gave me time to have a look around at the exhibits, demonstrations and events.

In the play the Raleigh small wheeled bicycle from the 1960s is mentioned; and nick-named 'titchy wheels' with some derision. So I was quite pleased to see an example or two of the said bike on display, amongst some others. Including the more famous and beloved Chopper

You could buy a little saddle bag for it which went on the carrier over the back wheel. It wasn't very big, so you couldn't really go shopping with it, unless you were only going for a loaf of bread and a jar of jam.

2 comments:

  1. Titchy wheels - indeed,lol.
    Glad you are finished - now you can relax,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:26 pm

    I remember my own Titchy wheels. It was red and my first bike, I loved it! Coming from a big family it eventually got handed down to my younger brothers & sisters and lasted quite a few years. The show was fantastic but then again Hanby and Barrett shows always are. Well done everyone who were involved and thank you Christopher in helping me to evoke some very dear memories for me, with the Titchy Wheels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.