Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Red, White And Blue


Headbanger Wednesday again. It soon comes round. This week's theme is 'Down and Out' and was picked by iMac, who as usual has gone on another holiday. But he did post before he and Julie left to enjoy the delights of Scotland.

At first I thought down and out meant a tramp, a homeless person etc, and I was going to put such a photo on. But looking through my archive, I came across the photo which ideally matches the theme.

I saw this guy sat in the middle of the pavement with his bike, taking up all the room whilst mending a puncture. People were struggling to get by him as it's only a narrow walkway as you can see. He didn't seem to care two hoots as he continued fiddling about with his back wheel. So the bike is down and the inner tube is out.

Don't forget to visit the rest of the teams' blogs and enjoy this piece of cycling inspired music.

Today was a very special day for Nottingham and its people as the Queen; together with Prince William and Kate paid a visit this morning, as part of the golden jubilee celebrations. People apparently had started to appear in the Old Market Square from about 7am this morning, even though they weren't due until about 10am.

I and several others from the office decided to go, and by the time we got there, the place was heaving. Lots of roads close by had been closed and traffic diverted. It was difficult to move, or to get closer to the Council House, where they would be appearing on the balcony. So I just had to do the best I could with my 18mm-270mm lens. They did a small walkabout in the OMS and then went into the Council House for a while and to meet some dignitaries. They were then driven off to visit a local park which was going to be given a special status so it would never be built on.

When they left, I stayed around and took photos of some of the people that had dressed up for the occasion. I also bumped into some friends and stayed to chat to them. I then had to go back to work for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Cool video, I'm a little bit dizzie here , but the energy is great!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.