Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 10 June 2012

Medical Matters


I've been quite busy today visiting a few events across the area. Gail wasn't with me, as she had gone to Birmingham to learn how to be a professional spray tan artist. So if there are any local ladies (and gents for that matter) that need a good spray tan for their holidays, then do drop us a line and Gail will be able to give you a golden glow.

Firstly I went up to Papplewick, where there was a display of ambulances, both old and new. Quite a good selection too. 16 in all. Here's a shot of the oldest; a 1943 Austin. Next to it is another Austin. This time from 1952. I was talking to one of the organisers and he said that the group had another five in the collection and a couple of others that they were currently restoring.

I had to use my Panasonic G1 today, as my Nikon D90 has strangely died on me. I've tried changing the batteries, SD cards and lenses, but nothing seems to be able to bring it back to life. It was working yesterday, albeit a little temperamentally. But today, nothing. I will leave it a couple of days and if it doesn't revive, then I will have to take it in for possible surgery.

3 comments:

  1. RIP Nikon.

    Neat transport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage ambulances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage vehicles, this one is wonderful!
    I don't know much about this spray tan technique, but looks a great idea for Summer style!
    Good luck to Gail!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.