Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 1 June 2012

The Boatyard


Cycling a bit further along the canal route, I came across this boatyard with this rather delightful wooden boat tied up for repairs. The colour of the wood of Muriel Anne looks very 1920s.

The canal looks very calm doesn't it? So flat that you can see a great reflection in the water. But it's just as well I took the photo when I did, as moments later a narrowboat chugged its way past, causing loads of ripples and wash in the water.

This was the first time that I had ventured along this stretch of the water. I may do it again sometime, as there always seems to be something interesting to see along the towpath.

1 comment:

  1. I love going along the canal. So calming and good excerise.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.