Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 20 August 2012

Blast From The Past


In this age of digital cameras, I was somewhat bemused to see this chap taking a photo of the beach in the Old Market Square using a film camera.

But a special one at that, as I think it is a Rolleiflex. Not that I am an expert on cameras, just remember seeing them being used by the likes of David Bailey in films and documentaries etc from the 1960s.

I had thought about striking up a conversation with him and finding out more about his enjoyment of photography, but I didn't want to break his concentration, while he was composing his picture through the unique vertical viewfinder.

4 comments:

  1. Dont see many old cameras being used, they are mostly on show in Photographers shop windows

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow a vintage camera...amazing! :)
    This is really photo passion!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:51 am

    Oooh I wish I had been there! I would have loved to have chatted to him. Looks an interesting guy and that camera. Well what can I say ' Fabulous'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once dropped one of them at Uni and it broke. It was a uni property but thankfully they didn't charge me for it. Nice picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.