Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Silver Dreams


Well the Olympics is finally over after the months and months of hype and controversy.

Coming along shortly are the Paralympics, which to me is far more noteworthy, as all the competitors will have a disability of one form or another.

Unfortunately they will not be receiving as much attention and the games have been relegated to one of our lesser TV channels, and therefore won't be receiving such blanket coverage in the media.

I saw an advert in my local Sainsbury's the other day, inviting shoppers to come along and have their photos taken with the special silver torch. I had no real compulsion to have my photo taken, as it's something that I don't really like. I always prefer to have my face behind the camera, but as it was something different, I thought I would.

Alas there was no flame in the torch, as it's being driven around. The guy who was taking the photos said that he had just come from Derby. Apparently they are visiting all the Sainsbury's stores around the country, as the supermarket is one of the sponsors of the games.

So do keep an eye out for your own opportunity of holding the torch; if only for a few seconds.

3 comments:

  1. Nice one.

    Also a big one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:32 pm

    Blinking heck! Olympic man hey!

    Looks like a big Ice cream cornet! ;-) That sounds right up your street. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed. I'm looking forward to the Paralympics, & hope the TV adverts won't be appearing at stupid moments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.