Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Digging For Victory


I went up to the top floor of a new multi-storey car park today for the first time. It's been open about six months now, but this is the first time that I have ventured inside.

It's a tall one, and is located close to the railway station. I enjoy seeing the city from up high, but I don't like being so exposed. I have a fear of heights, and don't like going to the edge, as I think the wall is going to break and I will plunge to my fate.

So I took this photo with my arm outstretched over the side, camera gripped strongly in my hand, and the strap wrapped around my wrist, so I didn't drop it.

The building site was the original car park for the station, but as you can see they've dug a great big hole and going to fill it with concrete, ready for the new tram stop, or transport hub as the planners are calling it.

So I have two building sites to visit now. Work is commencing slowly on the old Odeon. I had a look today and a lot of the rubble has been taken away. Maybe I'll show an updated picture at the weekend.


3 comments:

  1. I see you have the same problem as me, Heights, or is it fear of falling? Im never sure which is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really like this picture! I think it's because it combines street photography with landscape photography. It captures a moment from an interesting angle, it's well edited, the black and white is perfect for the subject matter, it's perfectly exposed and it's TACK SHARP. Great work Chris. I may be coming to you for photography lessons soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea for b&w for this picture!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.