Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Symbols And Meanings


Richard has chosen this week's Headbanger Challenge theme of Symbols. And it's certainly one to get the little grey cells working overtime, as Hercule Poirot would say, as he's trying to solve the latest murder mystery.

My little grey cells certainly worked overtime in trying to think up something interesting and unusual for my photo entry. I found the image that I was looking for at an art exhibition that Gail & I went to on Saturday.

The exhibition had the unusual title of The Carnival of Monsters and the image I thought 'bingo' to was one by artist Emma Dex Dexter. It is a sculpture actually Called Vortex2. You look at the artwork through a small perspex window and it symbolises the TARDIS and creates the illusion of infinite space.

I spoke to Emma, and she was happy for me to take a photograph of her graphic artwork. I used one of the art filters on my OM-D to boost the energy of the piece. I showed Emma the photo and she asked if I could send her a copy, which I happily did.

Don't forget to pop over and see the rest of the team's images, and enjoy this musical interlude.

At the invitation of a photographer friend of ours, we joined him on his small boat called 'Sarah', this evening, which is berthed at a marina not too far away from us. We were joined by another friend, and we spent a very pleasent couple of hours taking some night shots like this one and chatting about our favourite hobby over some tea and biscuits.

5 comments:

  1. Chris: Saw the photo earlier and thought this must not be for the challenge. Your post does explain how you chose this one. I would have never guest what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting symbol from the Dr. Who space-time continuum! I somehow missed the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expected Dr Who, but not in this form, Also your film music was great to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lights effect in Photography, your header is very dramatic!Amazing!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great subject and great photography, as ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.