Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday, 13 June 2013

Close-Up Magic


As well as learning some top photography tips yesterday, we also got the opportunity of playing with some Olympus cameras and lenses.

I took this photo with their 60mm f2.8 macro lens, which I have been thinking about buying and wanting to try. It's quite a dinky little lens, and in micro 4/3d's terms, it is equal to a 120mm lens. So besides taking close up's of flowers and insects, it also makes for a very good portrait or general walkabout lens.

I realise that this is not the best advert for the lens, as I don't really do macro work, so I don't think that I got the focussing right, and also I had left a couple of the settings as I had used them in the darkened bar, so they might not have been suitable for the outside world.