Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 13 June 2013

Close-Up Magic


As well as learning some top photography tips yesterday, we also got the opportunity of playing with some Olympus cameras and lenses.

I took this photo with their 60mm f2.8 macro lens, which I have been thinking about buying and wanting to try. It's quite a dinky little lens, and in micro 4/3d's terms, it is equal to a 120mm lens. So besides taking close up's of flowers and insects, it also makes for a very good portrait or general walkabout lens.

I realise that this is not the best advert for the lens, as I don't really do macro work, so I don't think that I got the focussing right, and also I had left a couple of the settings as I had used them in the darkened bar, so they might not have been suitable for the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.