Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 20 June 2013

It's All Stacked Up


On the way home from London, I had to change at the East Midlands Parkway station.  When I got off the train, I heard an announcement that some trains had been delayed, including one that I was planning to get. Mind you the train that I caught from St Pancras was delayed by 20 minutes, as they couldn't get it to go. So we all had to move to another platform before climbing onto another train, which fortunately worked properly.

So I am stuck at this rather soulless station. It was only built about three years ago, looking for something to do. And what better, than to try shooting the Radcliffe on Soar power station from different angles.

I knew that I was going to stop at the station a little while, so I had my fisheye lens with me. I took this one from the bridge that spans the four platforms. While the one below is my attempt at making the chimneys more industrial, even though it's only steam that's drifting up into the atmosphere.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.