Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 22 June 2013

You Little Minx


It's classic car time again, and this time it comes in the form of a Hillman Minx from the 1950s.

It was quite fortunate that I came across it whilst cycling into Beeston, as I went a route that I don't normally go. But I was heading towards the local church, as they were holding a summer fair, and I was hoping to get a bargain or two.

I was also glad that there weren't any modern cars parked close to it, or anything remotely 21st century, as I've tried to make the photo look like it was taken during the 1960s.

Incidentally I did find a real bargain, in the form of a Tony Hancock DVD set of all his surviving episodes for a mere £2. Brand new too. Eight DVDs of vintage comedy, including the classic Blood Donor episode. "A pint. That's very nearly an armful".

So a good day for being retro.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.