Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 2 June 2013

The Cars That Ate Wollaton Park


Today was the day for the annual classic car show at Wollaton Park. When it is advertised, I get quite excited and look forward to wandering around all the cars, vans and buses. Although I have to admit, some of them I have seen many times, but as it was lovely and sunny today, I didn't mind. I had a great time, and came across quite a few vehicles that I hadn't seen before.

I thought this converted 1967 VW Beetle looks like a real life Hot Wheels car. I saw that it was for sale, but didn't enquire how much.


If I did have any spare cash, and lots at that, I would be tempted to go out and get a E Type Jaguar, like this one from 1969. Only six years younger than me, but worth a lot more. Probably £30,000.


If you have less money to play with, you could try this 1972 Ford Capri, which may only cost you about £5000. Made famous of course by being driven by Bodie & Doyle in the TV series the Professionals.

Finally of course, if you have a leaning towards pre-war vehicles, you might like to hunt out an old van like this Austin from the mid 1930s. I just thought I would give the picture a little tweaking in Lightroom, to give it that old look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.