Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 1 June 2013

Faded Grandeur


Today is June 1, and Theme Day in the Bloggersphere. This month's theme is 'The Beauty of Decay'.

Although there are a number of spots in Nottingham that I could have taken a photo of for the theme, I wasn't sure whether I was going to participate or not. But now that I have, what to show you?

Well I have gone for this shot of Whitby Abbey in Yorkshire, where we went a few weeks ago. It is one the sides, and I took it with my fisheye lens, to give it that distinctive look. Most photos you will see, will be of the front; but I wanted to be a little different.

Being so old, the abbey is very slowly crumbling away, but as it belongs to English Heritage, they are doing what they can to preserve such an impressive building, which dates back to 664AD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.