Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 16 May 2011

The Colour Purple


I've been trying to get back into street photography recently, after having a bit of a break from it for a while. It is probably one of the hardest genres of photography to do, as usually you have to be very alert, quick and responsive, as you usually only get the one chance of capturing the shot. Plus of course you have to be very brave in pointing your camera in front of perfect strangers.

Still I am persevering with it and try to spot some worthwhile subject, while walking around the city centre during my lunch hour. I was interested in the woman's "I Heart NY" shirt, but then I noticed the mauve tint in her hair. Just a subtle amount. Just enough to know it's there without looking too obvious or unconventional.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about photographing strangers, I used to find it really difficult but now I am quite up for approaching people in the street. I have just lately started taking people from a distance and not asking them. You will have seen the girl walking on the pavement too busy with mobile to see where she is going, that kind of thing. I saw a video a while back of an American and he was very in your face but thats not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its challenging and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red head is very pretty. I don't get to photograph crowds much, unless you count the sheep and they don't seem to mind, some are even a bit camera-hoggish even though they are sheep! Which can really ruin a picture. But your gals seemed to take it in stride.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.