Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 7 May 2011

Where's The Fire?


There was a mock air raid siren and fire in the Old Market Square this morning. It was to commemorate the 70th anniversary of when Nottingham was heavily bombed during World War Two. Vintage fire engines were on display and as you can see from my photo, a fireman in period dress was putting out the 'fire' in the Council House.

I don't usually go into the city centre at the weekend, as I work there during the week, but I have started rehearsing for a play that I will performing in at the castle next month. It is a shorter, rewritten version of the play that I appeared in last summer about the monks who lived at Beauvale Priory, called The Cries of Silent Men. It is part of a major arts project called NEAT 11 that will be taking place in May and June. Quite a lot of the original cast members will be returning to their roles, so it should be good fun. Hopefully it won't take me long to re-remember my lines, as they are practically identical. Which is good, as my memory is getting worse day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.