Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Above And Below The Waterline


My old sparing partner Stewart has picked this week's Headbanger Challenge. And what a challenge. Without having a special camera or submarine, how do you manage to take a photograph of being underwater without getting your camera wet? Well the answer is, go to a special aquarium. And this one in my header is very special, as it is inside a shopping centre in Dubai. Yes really! So you can go and buy your new clothes and see some strange exotic fish, including sharks at the same time.

Less exotic, but just as photogenic are these swans and their babies on the boating lake at Highfields. Disappointed ones as well, as they thought I had some bread with me when I stopped and got my camera out. Sorry. Maybe next time.

For more photos that might sink or swim, pop over to the rest of the gang and see how they have interpreted the theme. Links above.

6 comments:

  1. Chris: What a neat under water photo, they are hard to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they sell underwater suits as well?lol.
    Going to be a tough one this week my friend,
    so far all pretty well even, good show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stream of bubbles in that (header) tank. A real action shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What unusual - and remarkable - patterned coloring on this swan. I've never seen anything quite like it! Even his bill is has a remarkable color! I really like the dark blue color of the water, too. It is the perfect backdrop for this beautiful bird. A remarkable photo all the way around! Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hat's off to you on this one! Well done. Those folks in Dubai can find ways to forget about the desert for a while, I guess. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great header! I have heard of "swimming with the fishes" but shopping with the sharks has to be a new experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.