Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 28 July 2011

Flying Ambulance


I've seen helicopters take off an land quite a few times as I've cycled along University Boulevard, but this is the first time that I have managed to capture one stationary. They use a sports field as a sort of heliport, which is good for this air ambulance, as the Queen's Medical Centre is only a short drive away, so the patient could be getting the care they need in only a few minutes. I'm not entirely sure why this particular helicopter belonging to Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland is there, as Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire have their own. But maybe they share the same ground.

2 comments:

  1. Its a smart copter GM.
    Nice shot my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thing looks damn fast. We have two university medical centers with heliports so it's not unusual to see the air ambulances buzzing around. Hope I never have to ride in one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.