Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 17 July 2011

My Little Red Rooster


Beauvale Priory is situated in the middle of a working farm. So there are a number of turkeys, ducks, chickens and a peacock roaming around freely. Which is good to see and how farm animals should be treated, rather than cooped up in sheds, which is completely unnatural. To me factory farming is disgusting and should be outlawed immediately.
While Geoff and I were there, the turkeys started following us around, as they were looking for some scraps of food. They stated pecking at Geoff's script and took a keen interest in my camera bag, as I had knelt down to take some pictures of the wildlife. Alas neither were very tasty, so they all went looking elsewhere. Here's a close up of Rooster Cogburn on the hunt for food.

5 comments:

  1. cute-ster and a very clear photo GM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what are you crow-ing about now then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image: motion, personality, sharpness, character. Very Gallic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bright comb, shows how healthy and looked after it is. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photo. Factory farming boggles my mind. Why I eat veggies only....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.