Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 20 July 2011

A Little Romance


It's my turn this week to provide the Headbanger Challenge. After some thought, I've gone for that wonderful subject of romance. I think just about everybody likes a bit of love in their life, no matter what their age. For a touch of romance last year, I took Gail away to London for Valentine's weekend. We went up in the London Eye, a walk along the Thames and a trip to the theatre to see Dreamboats and Petticoats, a love story set in the 1950s.
My photo shows a couple who are in love and are not afraid to show it in public. It reminds me of the famous photo by Robert Doisneau. Only mine wasn't posed!

Love was in the air on Monday, as the Council House was being used as wedding venue. Alas I missed them coming out of the council building by mere minutes. But I did manage to capture the white Rolls Royce wedding car, as the happy couple were being driven off to their reception.

Don't forget to pop over and see how the gang have interpreted my theme, and enjoy this musical interlude.

3 comments:

  1. Thought you might have posted Good old Monty-Carlo,lol.
    Very neat Romantic scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris: Very nicely captured my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Love is in the air -♥♥-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.