Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 15 July 2011

Lincoln Imp


Today I left the stately hotel and took a drive into Lincoln. I have not been to the city in years. I think my last visit was in 1988. It feels quite a buoyant city with the cathedral, the castle and all the old shops. In many ways I think it is a more appealing city for visitors than Nottingham is. It feels like the council has done more to make the city a tourist destination, with the new waterfront area, with its cinema, bars and attractions. I went inside the cathedral, but you have to pay to look round. As I didn't have a great deal of time, I spent a short time inside. I took this photo of the colour from the stained glass windows that appeared on the floor, which was caused by the sun's rays. For those that don't know, Lincoln Cathedral was used as Westminster Abbey in the film the DaVinci Code. I've not seen the film yet, so when I do, I should be able to spot some familiar sights

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad the sun shone for you, it really makes a great shot when it shines thru the windows and lights up the floor and pillars.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.