Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 19 November 2011

Gold, Frankenstein and Mirth


Had a full day's rehearsal today in Bramcote at the actual locations that we will be using for the production that I am in. It is the basic nativity story with a few extra bits and pieces to make it unique. It is called The Star Safari, as people are wandering from place to place, rather than being stuck in a theatre. I am playing the innkeeper that says to Mary and Joseph that the pub is full, but he has a rather grotty, empty stable available if they want it. I only joined the company last week, as the original actor had to drop out for personal reasons. Lines almost there, but lyrics to the two songs which we have to sing are still at the learning stage.

When I wasn't needed for my scenes, I took lots of photos of the cast performing. I quite like this shot of the three pretend camels that the Magi, or the Three Wise Men ride when they bring their gifts to the new born Prince of Peace in the manger. I do like it when the writer and director come up with such imaginative ideas due to having a non existent budget.

2 comments:

  1. Whos got the Hump then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post!! Love the shot of the three 'camels' I have one just like that for my great nephew to charge around all over the garden on when he visits, do yours come with sound effects haha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.