Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Shoppers Paradise


Kathy's first ever theme for the Headbanger Challenge is 'Thank You'. Now there are so many things to say thank you for: the unconditional love of another person, good friendship, sunshine, and the rain (sometimes). And so many things that makes life worthwhile. Politeness of course doesn't cost anything, but so many people are so rude these days. Never saying thanks for things done for them, no matter how important. Personally I always try to remember to show my gratitude to others for things they have done for me. I have course find it difficult accepting thanks for things that I have done for others. "Oh it's nothing" I'll say. or "Anytime". So looking for ideas to show this weeks' theme, I came across this giant sign thanking shoppers for their understanding while the Broad Marsh shopping centre is updated. And boy does something need doing with it, as it's hardly changed since it was opened in the early 1970s.

Don't forget to see how the rest of the team have interpreted Kathy's theme and enjoy this great song of love for another by Dido.

Today's blog photo is of the North Star ride, which is the new attraction in the Old Market Square for the festive period. The big switch on of the lights happened tonight at around 6.15. Alas no one famous to flick the switch, just the lord mayor. Although Santa made an interesting entrance, as you can see if you look closely. The budget cuts appear to be effecting every corner of society now. I wonder what sort of Christmas everyone will be having this year?

1 comment:

  1. Chris: Interesting take on thank you. I thought at first it was a header for repairs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.