Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Midnight Cowboy


Another Wednesday, another Headbanger Challenge. This week iMac has dreamt up the apparently simple but cunningly difficult theme of Postcard From Your Home. Now you may think that producing a postcard of Nottingham would be an easy task. Just take a snap or two of the castle, the Old Market Square or the Theatre Royal. Yes, I could have done that, but me being me, I wanted to create something a little bit different, but still adhering to the theme. So looking through my treasure trove of photos, I thought I would go with a theme, and the obvious one is Robin Hood. But instead of showing you the famous statue outside the castle walls in sunny weather, I would go for the more noir influenced night shot, and a Triptych one too.

To see how my fellow headbangers have interpreted the theme, just pop along to their blogs using the links above, and enjoy this little homage to film noir.

Now today's photo is of the cat that appears to live in Beeston Library. I don't know whether one of the librarians looks after it, or it just comes to visit. I normally see it sitting around outside, or on this occasion, in the entrance. Being surrounded by books all day, I wonder if he or she has learnt to read?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Fryer?, or is it Little,?
    Nice theme of Robin Hood and loved the music of film, Honeysuckle indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A triptych postcard indeed, well! nicely done.
    I wonder what Marmalade and Oscar think of you putting up a picture of another cat on your blog. She looks a pretty cat though (going with she because of the pink collar) they might like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: I would have liked to see the castle. I enjoyed the Robin Hood theme in the header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! The music however has put me back to sleep! Stayed up waaaay too late for farmer hours this morning, I feel like your statues look, a little heavy and stuck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.