Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 22 December 2011

And The Cat Crept In


A new cat has recently been making an appearance around our property. I became aware of it first, as I thought it was actually Oscar. It was getting dark and I saw this cat run across our drive. From what I could see of it, it looked very much like Oscar. So I shouted 'Oscar', but the cat ignored me and ran off. I was then naturally surprised to see the real Oscar in the kitchen when I opened the door. I told Gail about it, but I wasn't sure if she believed me or not. But she saw it herself a couple of weeks ago. She also managed to take a photo of it the other day, albeit a bit of a blurry one. So I was surprised and pleased to see it sitting on the drive this morning. I think it was looking for food. Anyway it didn't run away, and as I had my camera handy, I managed to take a number of shots of it. And yes it does look a lot like Oscar in both build and colouring. Gail reckons it's Oscar's older brother. I filled a small bowl up with some food and called it over. I went inside and it ran to the bowl. The poor thing must be hungry. I have no idea where all these cats keep coming from, or why they keep landing on our doorstep.

Day three of the Christmas Countdown brings the talented multi-instrumentalist Mike Oldfield to the fore and his rendition of 'In Dulci Jubilo'. The 500 year old carol translated as 'In Sweet Rejoicing'. A uplifting tune that helps you get into the mood for Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Great piece of music Christopher. BTW the cats keep coming to your house because they've heard about this great drop-in centre......

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome cat. He reminds me of a stray tom cat we knew years ago. Cats tend to know, I think, where they will be welcome, so you will probably have a new lodger soon....especially if you keep feeding him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello - is that the stray cats home?
    You must be very nice folk, because animals can tell by the smell of pet lovers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.