Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Santa's Come Early


Lincolnshire Dave has thought up this week's Headbanger Challenge, and not surprising he's gone for Christmas. Where do you start, cards, decorations, Santa himself or as I posted yesterday, a snowman? Toys perhaps, or a plethora of wrapping papers. I've gone for lights, but with literally a twist. These lights are on one of the Christmas trees in Beeston. The twist? Well it was the lens itself. Don't forget to pop over and see the rest of the group's efforts with the theme.

Todays post is of the very lens which took the above Headbanger photo. I treated myself to this little telephoto number for my Nikon D90. It's got one of the longest zooms available at a reasonable cost, unless you go for one of the bigger, professional models which are very, very expensive. Something that is way beyond my price range. I plan to learn how to use it well and therefore hopefully my photography will improve.

Here's song number two of my countdown to Christmas. This is from Greg Lake, one of the members of Emerson, Lake & Palmer. The famous or infamous prog band from the early 1970s. Personally one of my favourite groups. A good lyrical song which includes an excerpt of Prokofiev's Troika.

4 comments:

  1. Chris: Really enjoyed your colorful twist with your new lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah showoff,lol.
    Real nice lens my friend.

    was you shaking with excitement -haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a great purchase. I did the same thing last week and bought a new Canon to go with it! Haven't used it yet. Can't wait!! Happy holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo with your new toy (I could do with something like that for my Olympus). And I love today's choice of music, a personal favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.