Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 1 December 2011

Hip Hip UAE


I've read today that December marks the 40th anniversary of the creation of the United Arab Emirates. As many of you know Gail and I enjoy visiting Dubai for a holiday. Although we haven't been this year for various reasons. So looking through the hundreds and hundreds of photos that I have taken of the place down the years, I have found this one which lists them all, and how far they are from each other. I would say that Dubai is probably the most cosmopolitan, and certainly the most Westernised of the Emirates. It certainly looks a million times different since 1971. Some say that besides the Sheikh's house, the oldest building in Dubai is the clock tower and that dates from 1963!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.