Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 15 December 2011

Not Handled With Care


As Gail and I went to a Christmas meal last night, I didn't get the chance of posting my Headbanger Challenge photo. So I'm doing it tonight. This week's theme is 'Look What I Saw', and comes from the old fisherman himself - Tom.
A very wide theme, and another one that could have gone anywhere. I wanted to show something that I was very pleased in seeing. So I am showing this desert scene from Dubai. I have been to Dubai many times and had never seen a camel in real life. Then one day Gail and I went to the beach, and while Gail was doing a spot of sunbathing, I was hunting the area for photos, as I find laying in the sun a waste of time. Looking around I was amazed to see not just one camel, but two, and with a Laurence of Arabia lookalike riding one. I was quite some way away, but took quite a few shots before they walked off into the distance.

Today's blog post is a prime example of when things go wrong, even though you've tried your hardest to stop something happening. Yesterday one of my work colleagues Gina, had made all her team mates a gingerbread man as a token Christmas gift, together with a handmade card. Such a talented girl. Her cupcakes are to die for. Anyway I knew that I wanted to make a blogpost out of it, and so to stop it getting broken, I put it into my empty sandwich box for safekeeping. I only took it out tonight, while I was making dinner. Gail picked it up out of curiosity. She then put it down. Unfortunately it slid off the table and ended up in one of the cats' bowls. Disaster, his leg was broken. Gail said sorry. I then moved it to a safer place. Only disaster again. It slid onto the floor and was decapitated. Only one thing for it now. We'll just have to eat it!

2 comments:

  1. Dubai Nights eh, And I thought it might have been you riding that camel,lol.
    Nice Look at what ive seen too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris: Love the header, this will be a tough vote for certain. Really neat story about the gingerbread man, he can't even run as fast as he could. I guess with no head it makes no difference.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.