Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 8 March 2013

A Folding Classic


I had a surprise in the post today. A small package arrived with my name on it. It was quite heavy too.  Strange thing was, I wasn't expecting anything. I had not ordered anything, or bid for anything off Ebay. So I was a bit mystified as to what it could be. A late birthday gift perhaps?

Mind you, Gail had mentioned something earlier in the week, that she had got me something that she didn't know whether I would like it or not. So could this be it?

It was well sealed up, so it took me a little while to undo the box. Gail was watching me whilst I opened it. I felt inside. Something metallic. I put my hand in and pulled out a black box.  What Is it I asked. Gail just smiled.

I then realised that it was an old fashioned camera, as the bellowed lens popped out. Gail said that it did work, but she thought it could be used as a prop on a photoshoot.

At the moment, I have a book from the library all about old cameras. So I had a look to see if I could find it. Yes, it was there. Page 26, a Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515 from 1937.  It takes 120 film. So I will have to see if I can buy some and see if it works or not. I'll post some if it does.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great gift. I hope you will find some film and try the camera. Will be interesting to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be able to get a good shot, with all your cameras

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.