Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 22 March 2013

Ice, Ice Baby



I am presently going through all my photos on iPhoto and deleting lots, as it's something I should have done ages ago.

I took this photo more or less a year ago. What a difference to today, with icy winds and snow showers. There's certainly no blossom on the trees in Highfields at the moment, and with the bad weather that's expected over the next few days, they are unlikely to sprout the little white flowers for a while.

It's the new born lambs and Easter chicks that I feel sorry for, as it's going to be very difficult for them. I know the farmers will do their best, but of course they will be struggling too with the poor weather conditions.

Who knows how long this spell is going last, but I don't know about you, but I'm a bit fed up with it now, as winter seems to have lasted forever.

2 comments:

  1. Here too, we have a week of spring and then back the pouring with cold wind, lets hope it won't damage the new blossoms. By the way, this is a gorgeous photo, normally I see these flowers in pink, the white ones here are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:54 pm

    Beautiful shot! Absolutely gorgeous bloom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.