Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 3 March 2013

Goodies, And More Goodies


Gail and I popped over to the NEC in Birmingham for the annual photographic extravaganza that is Focus on Imaging.

This is the third year that we have been. Last year my brother from Australia came with us, as he was over here on holiday at the time, so he was fortunate with the timing, as he enjoys photography himself.

As we are mainly using our Olympus OMD's at the moment, I had a couple of lenses on my shopping list that I wanted to try out.

The first was the Sigma 30mm f2.8. I am after a general purpose everyday lens, and this one just about matches the 'nifty fifty' prime lens that every photographer should own. And a bargain too at £95.

The other is a bit more exotic and fun; the Samyang 7.5mm f3.5 fish eye.  I was keen to try it, as another photographer that I am in contact with on Facebook, and is also an OMD user, has one and has been putting up some very nice examples of what it can do without the photos looking too silly.

There was a Samyang stand at the show, where you could try the lenses out. So of course I popped the one made for Micro Four Thirds cameras and gave it a quick go. As you can see it gives a slightly distorted view of the world.

I was quite impressed with it, so decided to spend my birthday money on one. So you can expect to see some weird and wonderful views of Nottingham in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Have fun with the fish-eye lens. I fancied one a while back, then when Steve bought his Olympus E510 2nd hand, it came with a fish eye adapter. We haven't used it much, as it's quite heavy (I find it heavy anyway), but it's fun to play around with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice!I would love to visit there as well, better than a playground! :)
    Love this picture!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Fish eye again, like this shot better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.