Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 23 March 2013

A Winter Shade Of Pale


Who would have thought it? I woke up this morning and saw that our back garden looked like this. It's hard to imagine that yesterday's photo was taken about the same time last year. What a difference.

It was strange, slushy snow, not the normal dense stuff that makes for good sledging and firm snowmen.  It also seemed to be thawing too, and the roads were very slushy as I cycled into Beeston.

I don't know if it was my imagination, but I seem to have been coming across Christmas references all day long. It first started this morning on Facebook, when a friend had posted a photo of Santa fighting with the Easter bunny. Then I heard the Spice Girls song "When 2 Become 1" in a shop that I was in, that was number one in the charts during December 1996. Then there was a fake Christmas tree that was for sale in a charity shop.

Some parts of the country have had it worse than us, but tomorrow is going to be bad, as all the slushy snow turns to ice during a very cold night tonight. I don't think that I'll be going anywhere.


2 comments:

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.