Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Like A Circle Within A Spiral


I had to pop down to the Jubilee Campus of the university tonight, as we had a drama rehearsal.

You may remember last summer I was involved in a community play about Raleigh bikes, well we have been invited to London to do it in front of some people that were involved in providing the money so it could go on.

So we all have a trip to London next Tuesday for the day. It will be a long day, as it's a 3 hour journey to central London, as we will be based very close to the British Museum. And as a treat, Julian our director, says that we can have a look round after the performance. This will be good, as I have never been. A real photographic outing.

Anyway, after the rehearsal, I had a wander round the campus with my camera and fisheye lens, looking for some scenes to snap. I thought that one of the spiral staircases might make a suitable subject. It was difficult to get the camera in the best position, and to be honest, I'm not sure whether I've succeeded here or not. But it does show you the sort of photo that the 7.5mm lens can take.

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture, you did it very well, congratulations!
    I'm still learning how to use my camera, and it's a normal one!I really need some classes of photography.As I'm living almost on a farm here, it seems impossible now.But I'm really thankful because I can learn with blog friends.You and Gail are talented photographers!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris

    I find the Samyang Fisheye is best focused at infinity and with it set wide open at F3.5.

    You will find it easier to switch off the IBIS......and keep your fingers and strap etc out of the 180 degree of view!

    The Art filter (Dramatic (10)) works lovely on architectural stuff.

    Another tip, if you press the x2 zoom it becomes a 'normal' 30mm lens which can be handy sometimes!

    The more you shoot with it, the more you'll like the lens and the perspective it gives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks ok, I guess its how much you are going to use the fish eye lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!! Thanks for telling me about it. Like that Lens :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.