Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 7 March 2013

Bookworm



Today is World Book Day. A global celebration of literature and reading.

As I am not reading a book or novel at the moment; it's script learning time again, I'm showing the cover of a novel that I used to love as a child. Probably everybody since the 1950s I think has read one of the Moomin books.

If you're one of the few that haven't, the Moomin's could be vaguely described as white hippopotamuses.  They were the creation of Finnish author and illustrator Tove Jansson. The hero is called Moomintroll and he has a best friend called Sniff.

They had many adventures and met a lot of strange creatures. To give you an idea of what some of the characters look like, here's a clip from YOU TUBE, of an animated series from the 1970s, that I used to watch.


3 comments:

  1. I should have been reading much more than I actually do for the time being... It's a joy to jump into a book and let imagination fly!
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  2. James Herbert is my fav author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.