Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 4 October 2011

I Love Lomo


Lomo cameras were once thought of as cheap and cheerful plastic toy cameras from Eastern Europe. They weren't made very well, had poor lenses and gaps in the camera that used to let in light. This meant that any photos that were taken with such a camera, had a unique look to them. Which is one way of saying that they weren't very good. But a cult has grown up around them, and now a company has started remaking them. But alas they are no longer pocket money prices, with one particular model being about the same price of a beginner's DSLR. You can buy a simple model for about £39.

You can of course create a similar effect in any number of software packages. I don't know if the owner of this bag who was walking through the Old Market Square yesterday evening is a Lomo photographer, but it sure makes for an eye-catching item. Now I wonder if you can get the same in Panasonic or Nikon?

2 comments:

  1. I remember them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two Lomo cameras. It's been a few years since I last used them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.