Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 24 October 2011

On The Peg


I saw this little information card on Friday at the fashion show in the Cornerhouse. I must admit, I have never come across the word 'upcycle' before. it must be one of the new trendy words that have appeared in the last couple of years. It seems a very good idea of using offcuts and reusing old clothes. Although I don't think it's such a new idea though, as I'm sure most women used to do a similar thing years ago, especially during the war years.

If you are interested at all in seeing what Rachel Tiplady's finished designs look like, here's a link to her blog page; The Peg Clothing.

2 comments:

  1. Been to visit - On The Peg, and thought that the one offs would have to be one size, wonder what size this would be, Medium maybe?

    Not only do you have an eye for a photo, but you also have an eye for on the Peg posters GM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks for mentioning thepegclothing on your blog.

    You are quite right it's nothing new, but it is nice to be able to design and make new clothing without contributing to the huge amounts of fabric waste created by throwaway fashion.

    I have only just started out but I will be doing a range of sizes, it's just a case of finding something you like in your size. Hopefully in the future I will be able to take custom orders, but I am a long way off yet.

    Thanks for your interest, I really appreciate it.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.