Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 1 October 2011

Musical Youth


Walking along Beeston High Road this morning, I was surprised to see one of my neighbours busking with another chap outside a bistro where Gail and I had a delicious meal last week. Dave (sans guitar) explained that they were doing it to raise money for charity. Macmillian's are a voluntary organisation that help people and families that are struggling with cancer. Yesterday was the annual coffee morning fundraising event that happens across the country. Someone at work bought in some cakes they had made and was selling them for 20p each. A bargain, and very tasty too.
Anyway I listened to their concert, had a chat with Dave, took a couple of photos, chucked some coins into their collecting bucket and continued with my shopping, all in glorious sunshine again. The first of October, and anyone would think it was the first of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.