Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 21 January 2012

The Black Arts


I popped along to the Lakeside Arts Centre today to see an exhibition of some of L.S Lowry's early work, before he got into paining matchstalk men and matchstalk cats and dogs. There quite a few paintings of scenes around his home town of Salford and Manchester with no people in them at all, including some depicting derelict houses. It was dusk when I left the gallery, so I took various photos of the building and some of Highfields lake which is situated across the road.

3 comments:

  1. Nice night shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making the first comment on my Jersey blog - all the photos I'm posting there are from a week in October 2010 - got enough to keep it going for about 7 or 8 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting shot. I went to the Lowry gallery a few years ago and was surprised by the variety and sensitivity of Lowry's work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.