Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 26 January 2012

Food Served Here


I am always saddened to see lovely old buildings empty and going to waste, when they have so much character to them. So I was very pleased to see work had begun a few weeks ago into converting a fine example of Victorian architecture near the Playhouse that had been seen boarded up for a couple of years. I went past today and it is almost finished. It is going to be a restaurant and is opening in early February. Unfortunately I won't be around to see them cut the ribbon, as Gail and I are off to Scotland then for a wedding. I hope they open during the daytime, so I can go on another ladies lunch with the girls from work. Just a shame the photo is spoiled by the builder's van. But I think you get a good idea of what a fine building it is.

2 comments:

  1. LOL Another LADIES Lunch,
    Now you are doing this to torment me hehe.

    Must admit its a brave idea and hope it goes well for them, in such a nice building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love this building - over the years when it was derelict we often thought what we'd do if we owned it. I hope it's not too expensive a restaurant, as I really want to see inside it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.