Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 28 January 2012

A Rye Time


We went on a driving adventure to East Sussex today, to the picturesque and historic coastal town of Rye. This is our third visit in as many years, as I have a very dear friend who lives there. Someone that I have known for forty years now. She is in relatively good health considering her senior years. She is very artistic and is involved in many groups there, as the town is full of painters, sculptors, potters and of course photographers. The guidebooks are full of photos of all the quaint cottages and very old timber-framed buildings. But not that many seem to have been taken at night. So I went out with my camera and tripod, to see what I could find. Here's a photo of the very old Mermaid pub, which of course is on Mermaid Street. Cobbled, very hilly, but full of charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.