Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 6 January 2012

Stony Faces And Hard Fruit


Thanks to my new Tamron zoom lens I was able to get a decent close up of this frieze on the side of a old former factory situated on the quaintly named Hollowstone in the Lace Market. There's quite a lot going on in the picture. The man's face I believe to be that of the Green Man; a religious figure from Pagan times.This ties in with the display of fruit and nuts running down the sides. Although some of the nuts look more like hand grenades. I'm not sure what the three lions represent. Protection for the building perhaps, or part of the coat of arms of the architect or building owner.

1 comment:

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.