Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday, 12 May 2013

Bricking It


I spent some time this afternoon sorting, cleaning and stacking hundreds of bricks that were removed from the house earlier in the week.

The plasterer came yesterday and spent all day giving us a new ceiling, filling in the gap between the two walls and other parts of the two rooms, that now are beginning to look like one.

I hope to have a couple of days off this week so I can paint the ceiling and varnish the floor. Just have to remember to use the pots the right way round and do the ceiling first!

The house is still in a topsy turvy state, as we've tried to cram six rooms full of stuff into four. We will be getting rid of some stuff either through Ebay or down to the charity shop. Some will be used in our new studio as props etc.

It's going to be a long journey, but at least the worst is over with. I'm not sure what I am going to be doing with these bricks yet. But they always come in handy for a garden project or two.