Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 6 May 2013

Lazy Monday Afternoon


I was planning to either go to Wollaton Park, or the Brewhouse Museum today, as they both had events on that I would have liked to have seen. Wollaton had another Napoleonic battle re-enactment, while the Brewhouse had a 1940s day.

In the end, I couldn't go to either, as I had to help a dear friend out with moving, as for various reasons he had to leave the house he was renting and he was leaving some of his possessions with a neighbour. So I spent most of the day helping him to move, as he has rather a lot of stuff. And by the time we had done, there wasn't much time left for a visit.

So instead, I present one of the most unusual names for a canal boat that I have seen so far. For those of you of a certain age, or a keen interest in music, will know that this is the name of an album written by the Small Faces; a psychedelic mod band from the late 1960s.

The 1967 album featured the classic 'Lazy Sunday' and added vocals by Professor Stanley Unwin; with his gobbledygook language. Below is a image of the record sleeve that I found on Google, so you can see how well the artist has done in recreating the album sleeve.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:31 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.