Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 9 May 2013

Where's That Fire?


Princess Anne came to town today to unveil a new memorial for the firefighters that had lost their lives battling the flames to keep us safe.

The memorial has been placed in the grounds of St Mary's Church in the Lace Market. As it was happening at lunchtime, I popped along to see what was happening.

I was surprised that there was so few people milling around to see the royal. I must admit, I wasn't too bothered about seeing her. I was more interested in seeing the crowd and the surroundings.

How delighted I was when I saw four fire engines parked up, and looking great along the Victorian road.

This one dates from 1953. I like the aerodynamic shape and the silver sides, rather than being fully red.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:47 pm

    Awesome shot! So love the old fire engine, looks very dramatic. Wish I had been there myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.