Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 18 May 2012

Getting Trendy


You may have noticed that a new logo has appeared on my blog. I only put it on yesterday. Almost immediately that it became available to download. No, I haven't started taking advertising, but it is promoting a new group aimed at making Nottingham even more famous, attractive and welcoming than it is already.

The brains behind the idea is a guy called Tony Bates. The concept was dreamt up by accident about a month ago, and has now gone huge, and has the backing of the City Council, local companies; both big and small, the local media and many people across the county; if not the world.

Most of the communications or comments that are passed around is through Twitter as it's instant. The group also has a Facebook page. The Trending day is a week on Tuesday (29th) . If you click on the logo, it will take you to their web page, where there's a countdown clock and further information about the idea.

I was at a meeting at lunchtime of organisations etc that have an interest in the project. As I have been promoting Nottingham through this blog for the past six years, I thought I would go along to see what I could do to help.

It was good to finally meet Tony in the flesh, as we have only been communicating through Cyberspace. I made a couple of suggestions of companies and individuals that may be interested in the plan, and Tony typed them in his iPad for further investigation.

I thought I would take a photo of Tony with the Get Nottingham Trending placard. And if you are interested in connecting with the group or Tony, here's the Twitter links that you will need: @NottinghamTrend, @babblingbates.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Christopher is becoming Trendy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job showing us your beautiful Nottingham, your blog is modern and very interesting.
    You are a talented photographer and a great writer.
    Cezar and I like your articles a lot!
    We hope to have the opportunity to visit Nottingham someday!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.